I’m all for the slow cooker “set it and forget it” type meals, but there are days I want dinner done in 30 minutes or less. As I head back to work soon from maternity leave, I am planning for quick dinners and easy cleanup. This 30-minute meal only requires 3 main ingredients so you can spend your nights loving on your family rather than cooking over a stove. This Orange Chicken Stir Fry is sweet, savory and inspired by Trader Joe’s Orange Mandarin Chicken.
Orange Chicken Stir Fry
Prep time: 5 minutes
Cook time: 20 minutes
This meal really can be made with 3 basic ingredients:
- Chicken breasts (I used 2)
- Orange Sauce (2 TBS)
- Steamfresh whole grain rice with broccoli and carrots (1 used 2 bags but 1 bag is fine).
You can also add these additional ingredients for extra flavor:
- Toasted sesame seeds
- Fresh garlic
- Vegetable Egg Rolls
- Rinse thawed chicken breasts and dice into 1/2 inch cubes.
- Place oil in a pan and heat on medium/high. Add fresh garlic and wait for it to “dance” in oil.
- Place diced chicken carefully in the pan and cook over medium-high heat until it is light golden brown and fully cooked throughout. Add black pepper.
- Add orange sauce and turn heat to low. Let the orange sauce simmer with the chicken.
- Meanwhile, place Steamfresh wild rice into the microwave for 5 minutes. When done, add the rice to the chicken and orange sauce mixture. Let the rice “fry up” a bit.
6. If needed, add more orange sauce as you wish.
7. Top the stir fry mixture with a sprinkle of sesame seeds.
8. For an extra side, place desired vegetable egg rolls in an air fryer or oven.
9. Serve and enjoy!
That’s it! Orange Chicken Stir Fry in under 30 minutes! We love having Chinese food for dinner and this is a (somewhat) healthier option than ordering out. There are days where I just use soy sauce and Worcestershire sauce in replace of the orange chicken to create a different flavor. I also might use different vegetables (you can buy actual stir fry kits from your local grocery store). Regardless, this 30-minute stir fry dish will make you think twice about ordering out!
So what do you think? Would you give this a try? Would you like to see more 30-minute meal options from me? Leave your suggestions below! If you try this out for yourself, take a pic and tag me on Instagram!