As a new mom of twins, I like making meals that are delicious and most importantly, easy. Although I love cooking, slaving over the stove for hours at night is just simply not on my list. With trying to keep my household in check, and taking care of my twins who need my undivided attention right now, I look to my crockpot many nights of my week. This Slow Cooker Tuscan Garlic Chicken Pasta is a perfect dish that was so easy to put together!
I recently made a crock-pot meal that was SO easy and SO delicious. Prep time for this meal took approximately 10 minutes, and I didn’t have to worry about dinner for the remainder of the day. Jam-packed with flavor, this Tuscan garlic chicken is loaded with aromas of sun-dried tomatoes and drenched in a creamy parmesan sauce. If you are looking for a hearty meal that has many wonderful flavors, this Slow Cooker Tuscan Garlic Chicken Pasta will be your next family favorite.
- Slow Cooker: I use the Hamilton Beach 7 Quart Slow Cooker. You can shop my link below to purchase!
- Slow Cooker Liners: These are so perfect for easy cleanup! Just pop them in the slow cooker and you won’t have to worry about cleaning up a big mess when you are done!
- 1 pack of chicken thighs
- Minced garlic (as much as you prefer)
- 1 cup of heavy cream
- 1/3 cup of chicken broth
- 1 cup of parmesan cheese
- 1 TBS of Italian seasoning
- Crushed red pepper (optional)
- 1/2 cup of sun-dried tomatoes (chopped and drained)
- 2 cups (unwilted) spinach
- Oil or butter, salt, pepper
- 1 packaging of pasta of your choice (I used linguine)
- Garlic Knots
- Prep slow cooker by placing your crock pot liner in first. Then, rinse chicken thighs and place them in the bottom of your slow cooker. On top of the chicken thighs, sprinkle your 1 TBS of Italian seasoning, crushed red pepper (optional) salt and pepper.
- Drain your sun-dried tomatoes and begin chopping them into fine pieces. I placed mine in my blender and gave it a quick chop before spreading on top of my chicken. Once chopped, cover your chicken thighs with the sun-dried tomatoes.
3. Turn your slow cooker on low for 6-8 hours or high for 3-4 hours.
4. In a medium saucepan, heat oil or butter over medium heat. Once the oil dances and starts to sizzle, add your minced garlic. Let the garlic saute for about a minute until it is fragrant.
5. Add heavy cream and chicken broth while stirring and bring to a gentle simmer. Once the cream starts to simmer, turn heat to low and let simmer for about 5-10 minutes. Make sure you watch it and stir occasionally to avoid spillage. Once the cream is ready, add parmesan cheese and whisk until smooth. You can also add a little bit of pepper to the sauce if you wish.
6. Once the cream sauce is all combined, evenly pour the sauce over top of your chicken thighs. Be careful and be sure it evenly covers the top of the chicken. Let cook for the allotted time mentioned in step 3.
7. When the chicken is just about done cooking, add 2 cups of fresh spinach to your slow cooker. Let it cook for another 10 minutes.
8. In a large pot, bring 5 qts. of water to a rapid boil for a full box of pasta. To add flavor and reduce stickiness, add 1 TBS. of salt to the water. Add pasta and stir, returning to a rapid boil. Cook uncovered, stirring occasionally and drain well when done.
9. Your Slow Cooker Tuscan Garlic Chicken Pasta is complete! Serve your Tuscan Garlic Chicken over pasta of your choice and pair it with a buttery garlic knot.
**Note: Making the cream sauce separately ensures the ingredients remain smooth and that garlic is infused. If you would rather add it all to the slow cooker without cooking it separately, you can definitely do that. Just add it all to the slow cooker and stir before cooking. Spinach should not be added to the slow cooker until the end.